February 24, 2012

Project 3.5: Mail Center

 I started the Mail Center Project a few weeks ago, but needed to finish it.   I have been seeing Mail Centers all over Pinterest and I knew it was the perfect solution to our mail/paper problem.

I found this awesome box by Greenroom at Target a while back in my favorite colors blue, lime green and brown.  It looks really nice on the kitchen bar.  It is pretty and inexpensive about $12.


I also found these pretty file folders also by Greenroom that coordinate with the colors in the box also at Target!  I had to buy two packs of 12 for about $8.


Next up was some pretty label templates I found on Pinterest that I printed on some left over labels I had a home, free is always awesome.
So I broke down the categories for the hanging files and file folders for each thing to be filed.  Here is how they broke down:
Anthony: Incoming Mail; To Pay
Lorri: Incoming Mail; To Pay; Medical
Xander: Sign & Return; Invites; School Papers
Genevieve: Sign & Return; Invites; School Papers
Calendar/Invites: Events; Activities; Arrow Training(Adoption Related)
To File: Abby (Dog); To File Household; Tax Documents; To Shred; Arrow Paperwork

Here is a look at the box put together, with stuff filed....


 I found this awesome calendar pad in the Dollar section at Target, I laminated one of the sheets and taped it to the top of the box so there is always a calendar on hand.
 Calendar on the box lid.

 I also created a label for the top and the outgoing mail box from Pinterest.
 I did create a box for outgoing mail to coordinate with the box, it is actually a drawer organizer I found at the Dollar store, it came with two small boxes so it was a deal.  

My finished Mail Center, I have great hopes it will clear up our paper piles and cut back on our clutter.  Now instead of mail going all over the house, papers being scattered they are all kept in one place and our plan is to clean it out on Sundays every week to keep it under control.

0 comments:

Post a Comment